Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do ya think?

Nashbar T5 Fluid Trainer or TravelTrac Century Fluid Trainer? The Nashbar is only $90 and the Performance TravelTrac is $109. If they are both equally good I will go for the cheaper one. But I would like some input from you guys if i can :)

Basically I want to be able to have a lot of resistance to be able to do strength training on it during the winter.

Is the TravelTrac™ Century Fluid Plus Trainer worth the extra cost of having an adjustable shift lever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
toddy333 said:
What do ya think?

Nashbar T5 Fluid Trainer or TravelTrac Century Fluid Trainer? The Nashbar is only $90 and the Performance TravelTrac is $109. If they are both equally good I will go for the cheaper one. But I would like some input from you guys if i can :)

Basically I want to be able to have a lot of resistance to be able to do strength training on it during the winter.

Is the TravelTrac? Century Fluid Plus Trainer worth the extra cost of having an adjustable shift lever?

Thanks!
I have the Performance Millenium Fluid trainer. I highly recommend that you get the remote adjustment feature on any trainer that you get. They work well. Nobody wants to get off of the bike to adjust the force on the trainer

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
Don't tight a$$ yourself on a trainer

toddy333 said:
What do ya think?

Is the TravelTrac? Century Fluid Plus Trainer worth the extra cost of having an adjustable shift lever?

Thanks!
get a good silent one or you won't want to use it also put a smooth back tire on your bike.
I ride the piss out of mine on the weekdays and it's made a big difference on my MTB rides not to mention 15 less lbs.
Also helps to have some wicked hardass metal or techno for the go nowhere bike rides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue Shorts said:
I have the Performance Millenium Fluid trainer. I highly recommend that you get the remote adjustment feature on any trainer that you get. They work well. Nobody wants to get off of the bike to adjust the force on the trainer
Both the Nashbar T5 Fluid Trainer and TravelTrac Century Fluid Trainer are fluid and they do not have an adjustment shifter lever. So the only way i would be able to adjust is by the gears on my bike. Is doing adjustment of resistance by the gearing going to be as good as the fluid trainer with the lever setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.