Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the most recent issue of Bike Mag, there is a photo by Dave Trumpore that says Golden, CO. I can't picture this in enchanted forrest or lair o' the bear, anyone recognize where it is?

Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 6.31.37 PM.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sport photographers (surf/snowboard/mt biking...) are known for hiding where the shots are taken, so i figured it could have been anywhere in the Front Range. maybe Summit/Eagle county is more likely.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm not certain but I think this picture was posted years ago on MTBR (or some other place) and it was not even in Colorado.

I could be wrong it's happened before ... my boss says every day.

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Definitely Literoom enhanced if it's in the FR. Nothing is that green around here. I haven't rode Vail in over a year but I don't recognize it as a lift access trail.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
About the only place where it might be that green would be around spring and around Indian Creek area?

·
Registered
209 Posts
psh... the high berms are a dead giveaway. there are no berms on the FR, except maybe buff creek in places. gotta be resortberms.

·
Registered
103 Posts
psh... the high berms are a dead giveaway. there are no berms on the FR, except maybe buff creek in places. gotta be resortberms.
No berms on the front range? I know of some out my back door and south of my place. They aren't the picture tho.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ha. bike parks don't count. ;) I do know of *one* berm at WR, but I'm sure they''ve knocked it down by now.
What do you mean by bike park? I'm talking about public land. :cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
What do you mean by bike park? I'm talking about public land. :cool:
I guess I was more talking about Golden...from the OP's note. JCOS trail building manual section 1002.b says "no berms on any of our trails, thems bikers will use them as an excuse for speeeeeed"

·
Registered
35 Posts
my guess is since he is wearing a full face helmet it is lift-accessed. and my other guess is that they call that a "pirate trail". just guessing tho.

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
my guess is since he is wearing a full face helmet it is lift-accessed. and my other guess is that they call that a "pirate trail". just guessing tho.
I've rode pirate trails with a 1/2 lid. I've also rode with my full face on my trail bike.

So this solves nothing! Just talkin' sh!t dude, no worries.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts