Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in South Korea, the Local Authorized Cannondale BS which is 30 miles away in heavy traffic, has a mechanic who is a daytime drunk. Needless to say the mechanic work is terrible.

Anyway, I have some slop in my Carbon 140mm Max Lefty, since I have replaced the headset bearings, I suspect it is either the Lefty needle bearings or a bushing gone bad. I want to replace them myself. What tools will I need?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
PB Matrix said:
I am in South Korea, the Local Authorized Cannondale BS which is 30 miles away in heavy traffic, has a mechanic who is a daytime drunk. Needless to say the mechanic work is terrible.

Anyway, I have some slop in my Carbon 140mm Max Lefty, since I have replaced the headset bearings, I suspect it is either the Lefty needle bearings or a bushing gone bad. I want to replace them myself. What tools will I need?
You would need to replace bearings if it felt crunchy and gross, slop is something else, depending on how it manifests itself. Is your spring collapsing? Maybe. Is your preload too light? Maybe, etc. There are no bushings in the fork, at least none that would contribute to what you're experiencing. As for tools, not too many particular ones, these are fairly "basic tool" friendly. You will need a bunch of time and patience, as these have several things that require either an experienced mechanic, or a very deliberate measured, thought out approach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.