Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
something clever
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what tool I need to remove the lockring and cog from this wheel? It is the OEM rear wheel from a 2009 Kona Unit. I can't seem to figure out what tool will fit this lockring. Thank you.

·
Rocket Boy
272 Posts
wip said:
Can someone please tell me what tool I need to remove the lockring and cog from this wheel? It is the OEM rear wheel from a 2009 Kona Unit. I can't seem to figure out what tool will fit this lockring. Thank you.
Along with a chain whip, I think this is what you need. Looks to be about the right size. (8 indents on your lock ring & 8 nipples on the tool)

It's meant for bottom brackets but might very well be dual purpose... can someone back me up on this?

Arby

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was instructed to leave the wheel inplace on the bike and use a screwdriver and experimental tapping to losen the ring. My buddy was right as mine was barely tigher than hand tight to begin with. You will know right away, so dont overdo it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.