Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some extra money to spend right now, so I was wondering if y'all had any suggestions on what would be the best thing to upgrade first on an '04 Liquid 10. It's all stock right now. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Fork

Murchman said:
Give the specs on the bike, type of rider you are, and the type of riding you like to do.
Do something with SPV or pro pedal (manitou or fox) 130mm
wheelset also.....bonty racelite disc's are sweet wheels!....DT onyx hubs and super strong light wheels...

makes a huge difference

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FRAMESET:

FRAME: ZR 9000
FORK: Manitou Black comp w/RTWD
REAR SHOCK: Fox Talas R

WHEELS:

WHEELS: Bontrager Select
TIRES: Bontrager ACX K, 26x2.2", 52/54

DRIVETRAIN:

SHIFTERS: Shimano Deore
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore LX
CRANKSET: Bontrager Race 44/32/22 w/ISIS
CASSETTE: SRAM 970 11-34, 9 speed
PEDALS: Shimano 520, clipless

COMPONENTS:

SADDLE: Bontrager FS 2000
SEATPOST: Bontrager Sport
HANDLEBARS: Bontrager Sport
STEM: Bontrager Sport 5/10 degree
HEADSET: Aheadset, semi-cartridge, sealed
BRAKESET: Hayes HFX-9, hydraulic disc

I do a lot of riding. Mostly XC, but a little bit of racing (non competitive)
Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
As the guy above said, changing the rear Talas to propedal would probably be the best single upgrade. According to Fox, they may offer this service in the near future (couple of months) for around $100- check with Fox in a couple of months. Other things that I have done to my Liquid are more of a personal, rather than direct performance issue- I changed to a 2x9 drivetrain (36/22 up front), gripshift, WTB power V saddle, Azonic riser bar and shorty stem (75mm), and lighter tires (the wheels are still stock). It looks real mean this way, like a wannabe freerider, and it makes me ride faster, so I'm going for it...

·
Registered
797 Posts
oh yea, and the most important thing to do is...

remove all the stickers and the Trek headbadge (the Trek rep suggested this when he saw my bike with no stickers). It looks 10 times better!

·
2,548 Posts
dumper said:
remove all the stickers and the Trek headbadge (the Trek rep suggested this when he saw my bike with no stickers). It looks 10 times better!
That's how my fuel looks - not stickers at all on frame or fork...still has headbadge, though. Agreed, looks many times better....me thinkst manufacturers go way overboard with nonessential "graphics" on bikes.

·
Registered
797 Posts
We're talking Liquid frames here...

don't know about Fuels. When I took off the very large "TREK" sticker and the "liquid" sticker, you could see a faint outline of probably the clearcoat. Trrek said, "no problem," except if you had a paint issue under the 1yr paint warranty, you may have issues. They claim the clear coat protects the paint from UV! Whatever. All other stickers were on top of whatever the topcoat is (paint or clear coat), and came right off. Again, the bike looks so much better...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yea, I started removing the stripes on my truck...

before I finished the paperwork for it. I think the salesman was getting a little nervous! I will try and post a picture of my bike this week, so stay tuned, I want your opinions of it naked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.