Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm headed to Vancouver a week from Friday, I'll have Sat and part of Sun to ride there, then headed up to Whistler. Last year on my way through heavy drinking ensued and no riding was done at the shore. I'd really like to hit a couple of good trails. Looking for suggestions on the best ones to hit considering that I'll just have 1.5 days at most. I'd like to hit mostly flowy/fun stuff but I would love to find a clean 15-20' drop to nice tranny to try.

Suggestions?

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, thanks for the info, going to be staying up on the north side of town, pretty close to the base of Seymour (close to the Raven hehehe).

Looks like the Huckwagon may be out of commission now based on a thread I saw over on NSMB but have yet to confirm.

Are the trails mostly signed or do I need to find a guide book or local or something?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Err said:
Sweet, thanks for the info, going to be staying up on the north side of town, pretty close to the base of Seymour (close to the Raven hehehe).

Looks like the Huckwagon may be out of commission now based on a thread I saw over on NSMB but have yet to confirm.

Are the trails mostly signed or do I need to find a guide book or local or something?
With 1.5 days in Vancouver, you should be able to hit up both Seymour & Fromme. Although the trails have fairly good signage, you would benefit from buying maps for each mountain. Pick them up at a bike shop such as Cove or John Henry and ask the staff for trail recommendations. Although there are plenty of possibilities to choose from, you might like something like CBC>Corkscrew>Pingu>Pangor (Seymour) and Upper Oil Can>Pipeline or Expresso (Fromme).

Another option is to ride in Vancouver one day and then ride in Squamish the next day as you're travelling up to Whistler. The riding in Squamish is as good as the North Shore and Whistler, it just gets a bit less publicity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Err said:
Any recommendations on specific trails in Squamish?

How about Woodlot in Vancouver?
I don't know the trails in Squamish as well as I do for Whistler or North Vancouver, but Tantalus & Corsa are the two bike shops in Squamish and both should be able to help. There is a huge network of trails between Highlands (a residential section of Squamish) and Alice Lake with trails of all different types that is probably the best place to start.

I haven't even ridden at the Woodlot. It's on the farside of Vancouver from the North Shore, Squamish, & Whistler.

·
No e-drama please!!
142 Posts
I flying up to Vancouverin August to fly with my buddy who sells floatplanes for about a week. I won't have a bike this trip,but maybe i can get the big picture of things from the air -for next trip WITH my bike !
I'll post pictures when i get them, about a month or so from now...

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, so far I've ridden on Seymour, Sechelt, Woodlot and Whistler, tomorrow's my last day so we're going back to Seymour to do CBC to Corkscrew to Boogie man, I think, been a super fun trip. Gutsploder's a great site, used it today to figure out the trails at Woodlot. What an awsome day that was up there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.