Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bring it
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is advertising it at 2,700. Looks to be in good condition besides the wheels. The frame looks pretty mint besides some sticker rub. Good deal I think.

·
Banned
40,894 Posts
bigmax098 said:
He is advertising it at 2,700. Looks to be in good condition besides the wheels. The frame looks pretty mint besides some sticker rub. Good deal I think.
A very good deal and if you are in the market you had better jump quick. It will be gone in a blink of an eye at that price. It has some top shelf parts and looks to be in great shape. In my opinion the color is the only draw back besides the XC style wheels and tires but to each his own and at that price who cares.

·
Bring it
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha yea I hear ya...the cool part is I am actually meeting him at the trail tonight to test it out. So we will see.

·
Banned
40,894 Posts
bigmax098 said:
Haha yea I hear ya...the cool part is I am actually meeting him at the trail tonight to test it out. So we will see.
Not if I get there first. What trail was that again and what time were you meeting him?;)
I will show up with a can of INTENSE red spray paint in tow.

·
Bring it
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, so i rode it and its a medium which felt quite cramped, but yet it seemed to outperform my tracer in every respect...even with a 15 minute test ride. i am very tempted to buy it...and for 2,700 dont you think i would be a fool not to? xtr everything, all in very good condition. even if i decide it is too small for me, i am sure i could get my money back. any thoughts? :D

·
Bring it
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didnt ask, he was middle aged and was quite genuine...that and he just finished up a lap on the local trail with a buddy so i am very confident he wasn't pushing stolen goods. he also was talking about how he wanted to sell it so he could get a spyder 29er...

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Looks like a good deal. The fork wouldn't be my choice (though the AM1 was a decent fork) but suggests it's a '06 frame. Still looks to be in good shape though and you can't argue with the all XTR spec.

How tall are you? I'm almost six foot and felt pretty comfortable on a medium with a 100mm stem and set back seat post.

Hey, DJ. Why you dissin' on the Hot Rod orange color? That color rocks:D . (Although it does look pretty bad with the baby poo AM1 and stupid fender.

If you're interested in a large with Van36 and RocoTST let me know.

·
Bring it
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, I like the orange but the fork looks pretty awful on it...and the fender would be the first thing to go. I know i am prob too big for it at 6'2'' but it actually didn't feel that much diff in size than my large tracer.

·
Bring it
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Krob you selling yours? How much :D And what parts do you have?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
At 6'2 I would think a med would be quite small for you. Not a good deal if you're buying the wrong size bike.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
bigmax098 said:
Krob you selling yours? How much :D And what parts do you have?
I've tossed the idea around a bit lately. I've really liked the bike but Turner is having a blowout on 08' RFX frames ($1695) right now and I've wanted one of those for a while now.

The other bike I'm more interested in right now is the new Tracer VP. Problem is they won't be available until late fall I'll bet. Not sure I could go without my 6.6 until then.

Here's a couple of pics of mine.... except for a new rear triangle that replaced the dented one you see in this pic. THe other pic is about a year older with the DHX-Air which I still have btw.

XT/X9 FD/RD. Raceface Deus cranks. Answer Protaper OS bars. Mavic XM321 rims DT Swiss FR hubs. Rear is converted to 10mm through bolt. Magura Loise FR brakes, Thompson stem and post, etc, etc.

Not sure what I'd ask for it... probably about the same as the one you posted about.

Attachments

·
Bring it
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, the Tracer VPP is what I really want, too. I am thinking about parting out my '03 Tracer or selling it complete this fall and then over the winter building up a new one. I have too many bikes right now, so I probably should just sell off a bunch of my parts before I get a new one.

·
Banned
40,894 Posts
KRob said:
Looks like a good deal. The fork wouldn't be my choice (though the AM1 was a decent fork) but suggests it's a '06 frame. Still looks to be in good shape though and you can't argue with the all XTR spec.

How tall are you? I'm almost six foot and felt pretty comfortable on a medium with a 100mm stem and set back seat post.

Hey, DJ. Why you dissin' on the Hot Rod orange color? That color rocks:D . (Although it does look pretty bad with the baby poo AM1 and stupid fender.

If you're interested in a large with Van36 and RocoTST let me know.
The Hot Rod orange so to speak would be a perfect color for the Home Depot mascot.;)
Sorry but it's just a personal preference that I think all INTENSE bikes should be painted the original INTENSE team Red. It's like Ferrari for many years you could only get them in the company color of Ferrari red. The color red screams Ferrari or INTENSE. The only reason both companies expanded their color options were strictly due to increase sales. I guess you can hardly blame them, but I am a traditionalist that way.

As far as buying this 6.6 at that low price even though it may be too small, I say jump on it. Buy it and ride it for awhile before making your final decision on whether it is too small or not. If it is, you should easily be able to better your money on your investment. But like someone else mentioned you best check to make sure it isn't stolen. I guess call the police and have them run the serial number in before purchasing. If this guy is hesitant to do so then you know something isn't right, walk away and report the dude.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts