Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the snow falling here in the Mid-West, it makes me realize that my shopping (and shipping) days are numbered before the holidays. And even more alarmingly... I've realized I don't know what my Ventana wants.

So what are you getting your Ventana for the holidays?

JmZ

·
Having a nice day!
1,421 Posts
I'm thinking one of those $25 dollar Christmas tree ornaments/headtube badges might be in order in addition to some new pedals and the improved main pivot kit.

And I have been a good boy. My wife is going to get a lot for Christmas too as she has been a naughty girl this year!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yep..that's

exactly what I'm getting....my '06 Salty shipped from Chad via Fedex this morning...praying for a miracle that is shows up tomorrow (literally, a miracle would be what it takes since I am in Houston), but scheduled delivery is Monday!!!

·
Mmmm Rocks Good
645 Posts
All kinds of Shtuff!

JmZ said:
With the snow falling here in the Mid-West, it makes me realize that my shopping (and shipping) days are numbered before the holidays. And even more alarmingly... I've realized I don't know what my Ventana wants.

JmZ
The size of my bone us will determine the depth of upgraditis for my beloved Chamuco. In order of priority:
New HayesHydro Discs-Bonus will determine which model! 8" front, 6" rear
New Wheelset-Hope Hubs, Rims-TBD
Thomson Stem 90 mm
FSA Carbon riser bar
Race Face Deus Crankset
Nokian studded tire set to replace el cheapo studs
New WTB 2.24 MotoRaptors F/R
And finally, I'll put my ho made custom headbadge on her to make my demon just a bit more evil! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
all i want for christmas

for my Salty is a new front triangle (of the x5 variety...), a DHX Air and a set of 6" rockers.

that's not too much to ask, is it?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Just wait for a pic in early Jan

I promise that even the casual lurker will experience an involuntary release of the waters.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Something

like that. I can't even stand to think about the beauty that is on its way.

steiny said:
Is it a trick head badge that squirts water when you look at it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
What to Get? IMBA membership.

A rider on your insurance policy for full replacement value!

A new trail, obliquely, by becoming an IMBA member.

·
enjoying the kool-aid
779 Posts
I'm hoping to give my Pantera a lot of time on the trail this holiday season. That will be my present to her.... to ride her again and again! (man does that sound ... yea)

I seem to be on a two to three ride minimum between breaking some component and being off the bike for a couple weeks.

If I can ride it and keep it functioning I'll be happy and I'm sure it will love the attention!

My Pantera is currently loving the Romic she's been sporting for a few weeks. She's almost forgot what it was like with the Swinger.... once it comes back from Manitou I'll have to give her a reminder. Maybe she'll appreciate the weight loss.... maybe not.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JmZ said:

JmZ
Realized I never answered my own question. :)

My Feugo's getting a heavier set of tires.
A lighter set of wheels and rotors.
A new set of brake levers. (already installed)
A new seat and grips.

And finally a rider who isn't broken. Too bad I'm too much of a wimp to ride in the snow. Current temp - 8 deg. Bleh.

JmZ

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,975 Posts
Oh, yea... Been there (Navajo Lake - SW Utah), done that! Will be back again this year.

Thanks for the Pix!

Ricky J said:
Another mountainbike trip with Western Spirit!

Through the lavabed at Navajo Lake in Utah:

·
Registered
319 Posts
steiny said:
New spinners. Just put the pieces together tonight.

I think I'll call about getting a head badge and pivot bolt for a stocking stuffer.
Is the "V" for Ventana ? Nice choice ;)

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Being that it just got an extensive make-over, Hope skewers/QR are about all that's left to give.

D.

·
Having a nice day!
1,421 Posts
D-Rock said:
Being that it just got an extensive make-over, Hope skewers/QR are about all that's left to give.

D.
You should wish for riding time. You're going to want it after the new addition!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts