Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cross posted this (with some tweeks here) in the Michigan forum but looks like the traffic is not as high there as here, also have it posted on MMBA.org. Not new to MTB but just got back in this year after over a decade out (last set of tires on my last bike were Dart fronts and Smoke rears and they were HIGH tech back then, LOL)

ALL the trails I ride are in Michigan and 99% are S/e lower, Island Lake, Hewens Creek, Lakshore etc so you all know the terrain/surface/trail make up etc Everything from sand, gravel, roots/rocks/logs, tight turns, mud, grassm f'd up climbs etc. Looking for great all around tires (arent we all, LMAO)

Bike is a 2012 Spesh Hardrock 29er sport disc that currently has the stock Fast tracks front and rear. The tires are less that great on all but the best hard pack, lol, atleast for my riding style and my size.

As of right now I am running tubed but will likley switch to tubless over the next year (just got back into it after over a decade away, so I am baby stepping with new stuff lol).

Got the rear pretty much narrowed down to a Schwable Hans Dampf or a Maxxis Ignitor, but more that willing to hear suggestions for the rear too, especially for high volume tires since my bike is a hardtail and I am not small (see below) lol.

Front I am pretty open to suggestions. I'm a bigger rider (6'0 210lbs) so i tend to get alittle squirelly with my momentum in loose corners, so I want somthing that wont wash out to terrible easy.

Looks like I could fit pretty much anything up a 2.75-3.0inch wide tire upfront and the rear looks like I can fit about a 2.5inch wide.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice, I have searched here and over at MMBA.org and my head is spinning, so many choices and opions, LOL
J-

·
The Cheater
552 Posts
The Ignitor has been an excellent choice for years. Panaracer Fire XC Pro is also the proven classic for all terrains. Once you're ready to go tubeless there are other tires to recommend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.