Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

Was directed over here from the MMBA BB. Apparently you guys are the source of all Ellsworthian knowledge ;)

I just discovered a crack in the chainstay link of my '02 Truth. Haven't ridden the bike since last fall when I bought my SS. Anyway, sent the bike back to Ellsworth today.

Anyone have any recent similar experiences to share? I guess I'll find out what they do in a week or so, but the curiousity is killing me :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Have no doubt that Ellsworth will sort this quick smart for you................... Once you get new CS´s you will have to breath some life into it and give the SS a spell..........

·
Custom User Title
1,282 Posts
I said probably because I don't know who he sent his bike to to get it fixed. When I needed a CS fro my ID I had in my hands in two days and put it on myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no nearby dealers, and EW wouldn't deal with me direct. So, I really have no idea who will contact me or when...

My LBS sent it off and made the call for me, per Amy at EW's directions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, great service to report. absolutely no problem getting a new '06 chainstay for my frame. the frame is on it's way back now.

asked about trading in for a One or Enlightenment. probably going all SS. thomas recommended i ride the truth for the summer, then send it back for credit in the fall when the new frames come out. think i'll try to get 700 out of it this summer, if i can't do that i'll ship it back for credit this fall.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Great to hear it all worked out well...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ....... ALL GOOD then....:D ..

Am keen to hear from anyone with a Ellsworth One SS, been on my mind also. Still tossing between a 26 or 29 inch wheeled SS..........

·
Silver bullet
204 Posts
You're lucky...I have a chinstay that was sloppy and sliding over the bearing (non-drive side). I brought them back to my local Ellsworth dealer 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I've got this 06 Truth hanging in my basement all apart for 2 weeks going on 3. I noticed this problem on my first ride so I was machined wrong from the start.:mad:

·
Silver bullet
204 Posts
It took 3 weeks. A litte too long as far as I'm concerned considering the cost and the fact that it was faulty out of the box. I love the bike though. The longer I ride it the funner it gets.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got great e-mail from my LBS.I should be back on trail on my ID with new chaistay after almost 6 weeks waiting time.Hope it will be better craftmanship and material than the original one.:thumbsup:
ID WILL REBORN! Yes,i will give my Ellsworth-riding jersey second change.It deserves some honor after all this hassle and lost of confidence.Keep on riding.....

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
zeb said:
Went to LBS and i had to pay 325,00 US $ for chainstay for ID.CS is made 2003!Looks exactly same as my -05 Moment chainstay,(chainstay on Moment is made -04) wierd.
I feel ripped off! Second thoughts came to my mind:I guess i take replacement chainstay back to LBS and just let my Id DIE!I Got get rid of Moment too....
Sorry to hear that.

So did they tell you why EW was charging you $325 for the CS?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.