Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, as you may know, I have a 2005 GT avalanche 3.0 (non disc) sitting in my basement. I have a 2007 P.1 coming in to my LBS which is being held for me. I want to know what I should do with the avalanche. These were some ideas I though I could do.

- sell it (wont get too much though)

- turn it into a snowbike (where the fork is a ski)

- eventually put some money into it make it an ok urban/dj then sell it (i am running the smallest size frame so its closer to DJ specs...

- leave it as it is to no use

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean by slick tires .... as in not so grippy treads and all? Yeah, that would be a good use, not have to worry about idiots at school or where ever i tak eit wanting to steal it! cheap ss conversion kit ... sounds pretty good actually, thanks :)

·
Rollin' twenties.
1,635 Posts
paint the entire bike gold, dont take it apart to do so, make sure everything gets painted, even the tires, brakes, grips and seat. no one will want to steal it, and it would be hilarious.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, i dunno about the WHOLE bike being gold, but maybe taking it apart and painting it white or some cool color ... lake jumping ... already have a few of those at my camp on lake superior :) , keeping it for friends to get out and ride would be pretty sweet ...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
find the biggest cliff you can find...throw it off repeatedly untill it gets absolutley mangled then take it to your school and lock it to the bike racks forever...see how long it will stay

·
Registered
952 Posts
free rider said:
find the biggest cliff you can find...throw it off repeatedly untill it gets absolutley mangled then take it to your school and lock it to the bike racks forever...see how long it will stay
You're supposed to do that with garbage picked dept store bikes. We once filled up an entire rack at a train station with garbage picked bikes. One chain keeping them all there. Lasted 3 months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you trash it, you're an idiot. Use it to commute. Use it to lend to bikeless friends. Give it to Salvation Army. Whatever you do, don't ruin it. If it was mine, I'd be all over turning it into a commuter. It's nice to have a bike you don't have to worry too much about getting stolen etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
don't paint it! rattle can paint is ugly and flakes off. If it was mine, I would put slicks on it, rigid fork, Surly chain tensioner to make it SS, take off the reflectors, make it light as possible; like snaky said make it a commuter, you will be amazed how nice it will be to ride to the store or to work.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
aggiebiker said:
paint the entire bike gold, dont take it apart to do so, make sure everything gets painted, even the tires, brakes, grips and seat. no one will want to steal it, and it would be hilarious.
YYEEESSSS!!!!! Every single part. incuding tires and grips. insane

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
colourclassic said:
don't paint it! rattle can paint is ugly and flakes off.
amateur.

If it was mine, I would put slicks on it, rigid fork, Surly chain tensioner to make it SS, take off the reflectors, make it light as possible; like snaky said make it a commuter, you will be amazed how nice it will be to ride to the store or to work.
yeah, I completely agree. bar bike, or soda jerk bike, whatever you wanna call it... ;) No matter the level of bike, I think it is just super fun Hot-rodding out a bike and stripping it down just to the necessities and tweaking a bit here and there, then just riding the hell out of it... :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.