Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday... Rained out.

Today.... Most likely mudded out. That was a lot if rain.

What's on the docket today? Suggestions? Movies? Road bike? Sprung cleaning?

·
Mtbr Founder
34,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to Treads Pivot demo at Saratoga Gap. The trails don't get to muddy and you won't have to clean your bike after your ride.
It will be a freaking mess up there unfortunately. The got over an inch of rain yesterday.

Good thing I have a Pivot already!!!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Ride what's left of the good trails at Ord OR go to the Endude-bro race at Toro and ride the good stuff.......

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
Had lots of fun--and a great workout--at Calabazas yesterday, but it was really dry/loose. Should be perfect today! We'll be out there this afternoon (6ish) if anybody wants to check it out.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Go to Treads Pivot demo at Saratoga Gap. The trails don't get to muddy and you won't have to clean your bike after your ride.
This, totally.

I guess you missed the dry hours to ride early yesterday morning. Sorry bro, u snooze, u loose(riding time) literally...

I kid man. Go to the demo and ride the pivot Les

·
-_-
4,748 Posts
Gonna take care of a couple errands as well as Church then load Lil'Miss (the 4yr/old) up in the bike trailer and ride out to the end of the Alameda Creek Trail at that table we use and have a late lunch.

Compacted fire-road, yeah, no mud issues to worry much about. Once done there, if the time's there, take Lil'Miss down the street to practice her riding.

*Couple weeks back she detoured off the path to try to hit my mini-jump. Tips over a second in b/c her training wheels hung up. Thanks for that, would hate to see her actually try to hit the jump while not even balancing yet. Completely stoked she just got up, said "Stupid training wheels, Dad, I want to jump now too!". :D

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Rode with LP and the crew yesterday. Cross train day ... run @ S. J. Rosegarden then dinner and hang with the GF. Another Killer weekend !

·
-_-
4,748 Posts
Tell me I'm not the only one who couldn't at first tell that's some sort of Easter Egg deal and not a frozen turkey? :D

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Went Out For A Cup Of Coffee

After watching Gent-Wevelgem online this morning [Steephill TV], I grabbed the "Luftwaffle" and took the long way over to Peets for a cup of coffee

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/470697083'></iframe>

The scenery was nice along the way, definitely wet everywhere, the waterfalls up Eureka Cyn. looked and sounded beautiful

IMG_2435.jpg

Met a nice couple out for only her third ride on the new rig @ Santa Rosalia.

IMG_2438.jpg
"If you loved me, you'd buy her a dropper post";)

Dropped down to Sandpoint to take in the view

IMG_2439.jpg

Hooked a right, headed down to Olive Springs, took in the sights, then did five stream crossings on my way out to San Jose-Soquel Rd.

IMG_2440.jpg

After about 30 miles in I rolled in to Capitola, wrung out my socks, and grabbed some coffee and a pastry @ Peets

IMG_2442.jpg

Headed home and detoured along the way on to a little semi urban gem I discovered yesterday in the rain

IMG_2443.jpg

A nice little mixer ride, a good cup of coffee, and a warm patch of sun is a good thing on a wet day:thumbsup:

Trail report: It's an absolute bog between Buzzard Lagoon and Sandpoint by way of Santa Rosalia. If you're going to climb from Aptos, go narrow with knobs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts