Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a GT avalanche 3.0 for a really good price, but after I brought it home and adjust the seat post and all, I notice I was about two inches forward on the seat, always moving back to compensate, after reviewing the frame I notice it says small, Its 15 and I should use a 17 frame, how can I fix my riding position, or I should just try to change the bike for a larger one?
Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a Scott Spark with a small frame when it should have been a medium. Later bought another bike with the medium frame and it made a world of difference. IMO you can compensate for the too small frame, but you can't completely "fix it". I put a 1-inch setback seat post and a 90 mm stem on the bike. This gives me the right cockpit dimensions for me, but the smaller frame still makes the bike too hard to handle in rougher terrain. It is MUCH better with these two additions but the real fix for me was to buy a bike with the right frame size.

Take a look at this setback seatpost -- pretty cheap at Amazon

Kalloy Setback Seatpost

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a Scott Spark with a small frame when it should have been a medium. Later bought another bike with the medium frame and it made a world of difference. IMO you can compensate for the too small frame, but you can't completely "fix it". I put a 1-inch setback seat post and a 90 mm stem on the bike. This gives me the right cockpit dimensions for me, but the smaller frame still makes the bike too hard to handle in rougher terrain. It is MUCH better with these two additions but the real fix for me was to buy a bike with the right frame size.

Take a look at this setback seatpost -- pretty cheap at Amazon

Kalloy Setback Seatpost
Thanks, yeah I'll try that until I find a buyer for this one, not really hard trails that I know off, so in the mean time I'll get the seat back and extend the handle bar a little further!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts