Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my two bikes in the house, up on one of those rack thingies, you know? What tires should I have on them when I'm not riding?

Thanks ad invance.

fp

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nachomc said:
Try slicks. They roll through the house and over the carpet better when you have to move them for vacuuming or painting.
I've tried those, but sometimes they slip when I walk the bike around a corner, like say, into the bedroom.

·
Go for a Ride
102 Posts
Thank god somebody started this thread...

I'd go with the Weirwolf 2.5 front and rear. They really handle the carpet well when you're pushing it through the living room. They also hold up pretty good when pushing through a wet, freshly cleaned kitchen floor (tile, hardwood or linoleum). Be careful storing when the bike is hanging though because I haven't gotten good results with traction on the wall.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Ham Er Hed said:
I'd go with the Weirwolf 2.5 front and rear. They really handle the carpet well when you're pushing it through the living room. They also hold up pretty good when pushing through a wet, freshly cleaned kitchen floor (tile, hardwood or linoleum). Be careful storing when the bike is hanging though because I haven't gotten good results with traction on the wall.
Are you running them tubeless? For whatever reason, I have had excellent success gripping the wall with those and a stans kit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
make sure you only use the presta valves too, they are quieter during storage.

I also use PAM no stick on the tires before I remove them to take the bike into bed with me.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Threads like this are helpful because you learn how other people do the same things you do and get different perspectives. I had never considered running the tires inside out but see that there could be some value to this method.

·
Go for a Ride
102 Posts
hairball

JMac47 said:
What do you use on Hairball?? Thread hijack, sorry fp.....:cool:
Weirwolf 2.1 rear and 2.5 front, year round, no matter what the conditions. As far as I know fat.tires is the only guy who can continuously smoke me down that trail...but then again, he does ride a small block 8 in the summer.

Tires don't really matter as much as the fact that you need to have 3 balls minimum to bomb that run.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.