Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched from a Sb 140 to sb 130 yeti lunch ride and I love the bike I just haven't been able to find the perfect tire combo and I do not think I am good enough to really decide what I like so I am looking for recommendations. I tried the stock setup and I popped those quickly and the aggressor I feel like washes out for me too much. I do not know the correct terminology but when I am going quickly downhill I do not feel like the rear tire stays under me but more comes out to either side. I then tried the Michelin enduros and they were good and dealt with no punctures but they felt so heavy pedaling because I feel like the tread is just way too much. But again I am not good with this stuff so I do not know.

I ride in the midwest and it's just a ton of rock and even our wide flat dirt trails have rock. I do not enjoy technical trails like here's Johnny in Arkansas but I do enjoy intermediate tech with quick berms mixed with drops and tabletops.

please let me know your thoughts critics or really any information I am to here to learn and I am riding a large Sb 130 lunch ride and I weigh 230 and am 6'2 if that matters

·
Registered
405 Posts
What is your current setup front and rear?
Were you running the original EXO casing on the Aggressor?
Aggressor is a faster tire in a harder compound. Maxxis makes a Dissector in Dual compound,Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip compounds in double down casing. If you run DD casing you can run lower pressures while still having good puncture protection. Dual is the hardest and Maxx Grip is the softest tire. Softer compound will give better grip, but won't last as long as the harder compund. Dissector will corner better than the Aggressor and roll better than the Michelin Wild Enduro.
Make sure you are running Wild Enduro Rear on the rear tire. Michelin makes two different tires with the Wild Enduro name. Wild Enduro Front and Wild Enduro Rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.