Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you have noticed, but the wind has been kicking up down here in Phoenix pretty good the last couple of days. I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations on the best tire for windy conditions.

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
I'm sure some of you have noticed, but the wind has been kicking up down here in Phoenix pretty good the last couple of days. I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations on the best tire for windy conditions.
Bored at work?

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
When it's really windy here, we ride our fatbikes, because everyone knows wind isn't effecting that rotating mass...

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Unfortunately your question cannot be answered because you have not provided sufficient details, including:

What type of riding do you prefer? What is your riding style? Do you prefer smooth single track or hard technical rock gardens? Stand and hammer or sit and spin? European or cosmopolitan? Harry Potter or LOTR? Also, try the search function in Road Bike Review.

·
What gear are you running
1,617 Posts
Old and bald, great for riding into those haboobs.
Just take the tires off and ride on the rims. Less weight and way lower rolling resistance. Plus the wind will just right through your spokes. REI should be able to take yours off for you.

Also, I am having a hard time deciding which one of these to put on my bike. Help me decide. Lots of kickstands take your pick!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
If blowing more from the North you want a wider, knobbier tread pattern - does not matter what brand.
If blowing from the South a smoother, easier rolling pattern is best.
Do NOT use tubeless if winds are from the west! Trust me on this one!!

·
IPA tester
1,321 Posts
The tread won't affect the ride as much as the type of air used.
During windy conditions stay away from using helium. That stuff should only be used at Rampage

1 - 20 of 23 Posts