Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding the Small block 8s for quite awhile and I would like to switch it up for a bit more volume without the weight penalty. I was looking at the Continental Trail King UST Tires(2.2) Any other suggestion? The lighter the better!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Redmon said:
I have been riding the Small block 8s for quite awhile and I would like to switch it up for a bit more volume without the weight penalty. I was looking at the Continental Trail King UST Tires(2.2) Any other suggestion? The lighter the better!
Trail kings are a little on the heavy side. 800+ gms. for the ust 2.2. Great tires though.
Schwalbe tubeless ready tires are worth a look.

·
\m/ \m/
368 Posts
On my epic it's Specialized Renegade 1.95 front & rear; I like these tires alot
On my SJ I have a Specialized Renegade 1.95 on the rear and a Continental Mountain King 2.2 on the front.

I've ridden alot of different tires and set up before and I'm currently happy with these set ups. However, I would like to try the Continental X King when it's on the market.

·
The Hutch
Vassago moose nuckle SS
1,302 Posts
on my Rip9 I'm running
29er Specialized Purgatory Control 2Bliss 2.4 - upfront
29er kenda small block eights 2.1 - in rear
and on my JabberWocky
29er Kenda Nevegal 2.35 - upfront
29er Kenda Small Block eight 2.1 - in rear
I like the Purgatory more than the Nevegal it never leaks air and hooks up nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.