Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am so last, been looking on/at/inside the packaging of this pump for the last 15minutes and cannot find the valve converters

where are they?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Lee said:
i am so last, been looking on/at/inside the packaging of this pump for the last 15minutes and cannot find the valve converters

where are they?
valve converter is builted into the tip of the hose. You have to flip it to get different vailve adapter

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Yep, just got mine too. Is this pump way bigger than you expected it too be? I had my shop order it after seeing it in the catalog so I was I bit surprised at the size.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lee said:
I'm still confused, do I have to unscrew the tip?
Lee,...

Yes, you will need to un-screw the lil' plastic collar from the "head" piece that attaches to the tube stem on your tire. Inside is a lil' plastic "adaptor", one direction is for "schrader" valves, flip it around, and the opposite side is for "presta" valves. Re-assemble the "head", attach it to your valve and start pumping.

Topeak is well known for its customer support, contact them, as I am sure they will be happy to send you printed literature on the procedures to switch the internal "adaptor" for your valve stem style.

I also agree that the Topeak Mountain Morph IS a somewhat large pump, however, #1,..you will find it accept most pump frame mounts without modifications, #2,...being the larger size that it is, it will be EASIER and FASTER to pump air in your tubes, (longer tube = longer stroke = larger air volume per pump stroke), #3,..many MTB'rs put their pump in their "camelbak".

Just wait untill you need that pump, THEN, you will appreciate its design, size and ease of use,....Trust me,....!!

"nuff said"

Live Long,...Ride Hard

Ol' Dirtdawg

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Ol' DirtDawg said:
Lee,...

Yes, you will need to un-screw the lil' plastic collar from the "head" piece that attaches to the tube stem on your tire. Inside is a lil' plastic "adaptor", one direction is for "schrader" valves, flip it around, and the opposite side is for "presta" valves. Re-assemble the "head", attach it to your valve and start pumping.

Ol' Dirtdawg
There's a nice diagram on the back of the box as well. You have to flip the rubber sleeve too. I love the T-handle and the remote valve head. This will make trail side flat repairs much nicer. The added volume is just a bonus. Mine fits in my HAWG quite easlily.... just a bit surprised at the size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.