Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called 2 shops who carry them and no one has 'em in stock! Is this an inbetween model years thing? What a bummer.
I have a buddy who's almost ready to pull the card and pop for one, but now we can't find 'em out there?

Anyone got a line on an XL?
 

·
Full Tilt Boogie
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
Not trying to sell you any, but i have two in stock. I ordered one just on Friday, it can on Tuesday. I'm under the impression that they're actually quite easy to get. Did you ask the shops if they were available to order? Like I said, it took me three day to get a 17.5', one of the more popular sizes I would think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Rig?

Hey Man I just rode the Rig at the Trek superstore in Vista/ I think you live in CA. Call them I am positive they have a large, not positive about an XL.

But you already have a 29er!
Craig
 

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mtbcraig said:
Hey Man I just rode the Rig at the Trek superstore in Vista/ I think you live in CA. Call them I am positive they have a large, not positive about an XL.

But you already have a 29er!
Craig
I do already have two 29ers.

Check my original post....

Padre said:
I have a buddy who's almost ready to pull the card and pop for one, but now we can't find 'em out there?
Thanks for the heads up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,024 Posts
Padre said:
I do already have two 29ers.

Check my original post....

Thanks for the heads up!
Try this place Padre, I am in San Diego, and you can be at their Vista location in about 45 mins. for OC. They claim to have first priority on all Trek Brands. My buddy got his there for 999.00 The owner of the Trek stores use to be one of the owners of Supergo.

http://treksandiego.com/site/intro.cfm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,404 Posts
I feel your pain Padre. I'm ready to lay out the card for an XL X-Caliber or Paragon but can't track down either. No GF shops seem to stock them up here in Seattle and the one I've been talking to told me there aren't any available for him to order. :(

Good luck in your search.

-Ian
 

·
Steamroller
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
No Rigs yet

But we did get the newest Bontrager 29r tires, they are 2.2s and are supposed to be light and grippy. I'll let you know if we get an XL rig in. We got in a couple Paragons and they sold within about a week. You can't believe much of what you hear about delivery times with Trek/Fisher, it seems like after last years frustrating waits for many people, they are trying to under promise and over deliver this year. I just got a cross bike that was not supposed to be available for another 4-6 weeks.
 

·
Only dead people are old
Joined
·
699 Posts
goneskiian said:
I feel your pain Padre. I'm ready to lay out the card for an XL X-Caliber or Paragon but can't track down either. No GF shops seem to stock them up here in Seattle and the one I've been talking to told me there aren't any available for him to order. :(

Good luck in your search.

-Ian
Check out B&L Bicycles in Pullman on the east side of the state - they had a nice selection a few weeks ago, but they sell rather quickly sometimes.
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,019 Posts
Mattman said:
But we did get the newest Bontrager 29r tires, they are 2.2s and are supposed to be light and grippy.
Come again? You mean the Jones XR's F2.25/R2.20? Those are like the standard 29" tire right now. Report say they're not 2.2" wide anymore though. Wondering what you've got there....
 

·
Steamroller
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
I'll double check when I work Sunday

Cloxxki said:
Come again? You mean the Jones XR's F2.25/R2.20? Those are like the standard 29" tire right now. Report say they're not 2.2" wide anymore though. Wondering what you've got there....
We got two set of 29r tires after whining for months that we need to carry them. We may buy them ourselves the first week just to prove they will move, then :D we can get more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
goneskiian said:
I feel your pain Padre. I'm ready to lay out the card for an XL X-Caliber or Paragon but can't track down either. No GF shops seem to stock them up here in Seattle and the one I've been talking to told me there aren't any available for him to order. :(

Good luck in your search.

-Ian
I bought my 2005 Rig back in early October. At that time, all they could get in a 2006 Rig was a small. XCaliber and Paragon werent' available either. I'm glad I got the 2005 Rig though, I can't stand that black on the 2006.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top