Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Evlkneevljr
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want this helmet! Does anyone have a clue what this one is? I've never seen a full face with that much venting. Look at 0:27 on the vid. I know its probably not the best protection for full on DH, but, it would be MUCH better than a XC lid on those 110 + degree days where a full face would cook your head.

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Evlkneevljr
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - I've looked at both of those and they look pretty fugly. The one this guy is wearing looks nice. I hope someone knows what brand that is and it still exists!

·
Evlkneevljr
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Giro Remedy already - I was just looking for another option beyond the Specialized Deviant and that one in the video looked like it would do the trick in 110 degrees.

In the heat here, it's either a skate lid, or, die of heat exhaustion.....one other option - Sunrise, or, MUCH better yet, Angel Fire....can't go there every weekend, though....I would be divorced.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
i have a Giro switchblade in my basement. been sitting there for years now.
A very cool retro piece of equipment to say the least.

They were very well vented, and still gave you a sense of added protection....although maybe falsely.

·
bike rider
5,502 Posts
If you're looking for a very light, well ventilated fullface that can be climbed in check out the TLD D2 Carbon. I really don't mind wearing mine while pedaling. Of course it doesn't have DOT or D3 like protection, especially for your face.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Lelandjt said:
If you're looking for a very light, well ventilated fullface that can be climbed in check out the TLD D2 Carbon. I really don't mind wearing mine while pedaling. Of course it doesn't have DOT or D3 like protection, especially for your face.

The D2 carbon is nice an light yes, but my use of it I find its ventalation sucks big donkey ballz. Remedy or Deviant were much better ventilated (nowhere near as light though).

I

1 - 10 of 10 Posts