Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
They had to call it something. My guess is that it's the same principal as FSR with near vertical rear wheel travel and zero "jack" of any kind. Spesh wasn't going to give up the patent for free so Trek came up with their own idea and it looks impressive. Innovate of die eh? :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think he's talking about the new specialized EVO line of bikes. They are a more aggressive builds of current models. Like the new stumpjumper EVO, it has 150mm of travel front and back, set up with a dual ring, and has a command post, and probably more.

·
I dig trails!
5,592 Posts
I see EVO as catering to what bike nuts do to their bikes to tune them to their nitch style of riding (re; the members of these boards :))

I and many others have added coils to Enduro for AM/FR duties and/or added longer forks.

And others have crazy weight tuned XC bikes for racing.

EVO seems to be taking a segment and pushing it's extreme.

P

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mr.P said:
I see EVO as catering to what bike nuts do to their bikes to tune them to their nitch style of riding (re; the members of these boards :))

I and many others have added coils to Enduro for AM/FR duties and/or added longer forks.

And others have crazy weight tuned XC bikes for racing.

EVO seems to be taking a segment and pushing it's extreme.

P
Agreed. Usually, when a big company tries to do this, it comes of gimmicky. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

·
local jackass
931 Posts
i cant wait to see what people say about them im very interested in an enduro if they ride as good as they look

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
It seems to me there are going to be good in between models. Now that the stumpy is 140 in standard trim, the evo model gives us something before a full on enduro, and the evo enduro is a step right before an sx.

I think it's a great idea and I might try out an evo stumpy as a replacment for my 09 enduro sl.

·
On wuss patrol
5,146 Posts
Mitsubishi called

They'd like their name back.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The Enduro EVO is so nice but I reckon the stays should be beefed up just a bit. Trek Scratch type of stays and that would indeed become the real "one bike"

·
Registered
46 Posts
iguanabartola said:
The Enduro EVO is so nice but I reckon the stays should be beefed up just a bit. Trek Scratch type of stays and that would indeed become the real "one bike"
Could have done that, but then they would just be heavier and not actually stronger.

·
old fart
1,203 Posts
Speci-AL said:
The car is actually called Evolution not EVO.
and it's not a trade mark - european car manufacturers were using "evo" long before the mitsi lancer came along e.g. mercedes cosworth evo I & II, peugeot 205 t16 evo I & II, etc.etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts