Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard Pugsley frame and fork with Large Marge Rims. I want to get a suspension fork with lockout feature for rougher trails I am going to do in the Blue Mountains.

Please recommend a suspension fork with lockout feature and provide some feedback if you have used it yourself.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,698 Posts
Maverick SC32 with the 29er travel reducer kit will give 90mm of travel with lockout fascility.

You can often pick them up off ebay :)

They are (currently) the only for that will allow full use of the Large Marge+Endomorph combo with clearence.

I`ve got one on my Pug and have been very happy with it.

Medndoncyclesmith has a Lefty conversion http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=498819

And that`s about it for now.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Aeroslave,
I use the SC32 with an Endo 3.7 as well. Goes really well. At present I dont have a 29'er kit in it but have one on order from Andrew at www.Neezy.com.au, very easy to deal with. Have purchased a couple of parts through him, namely the axle clip for the SC32.

I got my Maverick SC32 off ebay here in OZ. Some bloke didn't know what he had and I picked it up for $300 and something bucks with a complete Large Marg rim, go me, :D had hoped to win lotto that week as my luck seemed good ....but hey......

Riding the Blue Mountains sounds great. :thumbsup: Enjoy.

Al

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
not for pugs but half-fats, i've got a 3" gazzi on mavic 321 rim stuffed into a fox 36 (specifically a talas)
few mm up top, more on the side.

was unintentional "wonder if" kind of moment... :D

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
yeah, i actually got an mx pro based on your thread!!
figured easy fat-front/29er wheel swaps= good idea.
mine leaked oil out between the bonded arch and the left lower tho so it got tried long enough to thoroughly coat my rotor and pads in oil, then put away.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,698 Posts
byknuts said:
yeah, i actually got an mx pro based on your thread!!
figured easy fat-front/29er wheel swaps= good idea.
mine leaked oil out between the bonded arch and the left lower tho so it got tried long enough to thoroughly coat my rotor and pads in oil, then put away.
Sorry to hear that yours leaked :(

Mine is still in service on a bargain basement 29er hardtail build and is (so far) resisting my 260lbs attempts to kill it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts