Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just realized its been a very long time since i added much to the site or this forum. yeah, i toss out some advice here and a factiod there but i dont really contribute to the stoke anymore. call it a lack of opportunity or general burnout perhaps is more honest. with winter on my heels, theres not much of a chance at fixin that anytime soon. plus it doesnt help that im pretty much a punter, as 1 of my best pals calls it. come the spring thaw, i vow to change this. till then, keep up the fun factor folks. im diggin it. and thanx.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
yeah that whole mustache crew is getting so November....time to shave it off

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man that was a good time! thanx buddy. care to do it again in july? only this time yer racin with us and WE buy all the beer.

if ya have a 10+ mp of squish on that roll in, id like to have it. we need a poster of him next to mine in the shop and that more than fits the bill. sweet shot!

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
same thing all my buddies in az, ut, ca, etc say. too bad its my busy season and i wont get outta here till the summer when i blow all my vaca time on racing. thanx man.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
cactuscorn said:
What sucks about mtbr lately is right under my nose.
Your upper lip?

You need another sport in your life...go skiing! :thumbsup:

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i used to do some skiin but i suck more than the snow we get and the hills we have. good point though. i should do more and get somethin outta all the gear i aquiered.

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
cactuscorn said:
same thing all my buddies in az, ut, ca, etc say. too bad its my busy season and i wont get outta here till the summer when i blow all my vaca time on racing. thanx man.
Well if I had the choice to ride in AZ, UT, CA, or FL.... I wouldn't choose Florida. Maybe one day I'll get over to try my hand at some real lift assisted riding. I've only been to one park and it was a really small one. One of these days...

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
I feel your pain man. Keystone, Winter Park, Vail, and Sol Vista are closed now, well at least closed to DH'ing and I need to get back in the gym cause I'm gett'n fat again, and bored, and well, just not doing well. Yikes.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah Cactus! Good idea. Seems like there is lots of negative stuff and not much sharing/stoke. Here are a couple pics and hopefully someone gets stoked.

crappy pic and I almost got high-sided but managed to pull it out. It was the drunken off camber challenge at my buddies house during a BBQ.

A rocket or mortar or something I found while digging on the Champery WC track.

View from the train that takes us up 1200 meters to some of my favorite trails.

My wife hitting the drop in front of our house with my brother watching.

My friends wedding was so much fun!

I love a cold beer after riding

and finally an action shot of me

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
OK I'll play. Where I live, you can tell its winter because it rains every 2 weeks or so (when we are lucky), and you may require some actual clothes when leaving the house - at least in the evenings. :D

It's also building season - I've managed to cobble together a whole new DH single in the last couple of months. And while working on the main line, I came across this natural gap next to it, sitting there all by itself (well not SO natural given the amount of rock and dirt I had to move to make it rideable... :rolleyes: ). I just literally finished cleaning up the run in this morning...should be good for a weekend session! I'll post up a pic when we actually get around to hitting it up, in the meantime, here's some pre-stoke (view from the landing side):

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.