Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm riding a '95' Diamond Back and it has knob tires. I use the bike only to commute and I'm thinking of getting street tires. The knob tire size is 26 x 1.95 and the two Q's are:

- Is it worth the cost ? And if so ...
- what would be the best tire for city riding?

thanks for any answers ...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Verskis said:
The best All Mountain city tire is definitely this:
dont buy that for commuting..crazy heavy and low quality.
and definately not the best Am street tire.

theres a lot of good choices for cummuting, if you only ride streets for your commute and dont go down stairs or do any stunts, get small tires like 15.5 or less.you'll se they are veru fast rolling. spcialized has a few good ones(cant remember the names)

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's always worth spending money on tires.

I've been using 1.95 Small block 8s in NYC.
Slower than a slick, but the streets where I ride are pretty terrible and I like running high volume/ low pressure.
Also, I like to lay the bike pretty far over for turns, and the little knobs really grab, even in the wet.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah.dont know what the tire size limits are with your bike but if the Schwalbe Big Apples do fit you will love them.

largest they come in I believe is 2.35. I suspect if 1.95 knobbies fit your bike now the 2.0" BA's will work fine.

Maxxis hookworms come in 2.5"

·
Registered
244 Posts
Maxis Holy Rollers

I like Maxis Holy Rollers! They are smooth for the street and can be taken off road too. Did a ride on a trail and they stuck pretty good. Had the front end wash out on some loose gravel on top of hardpack but would have probably went down even with knobbys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.