Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered one of these off Chainlove when it was like $60:

Got a L 'cause that's what I wear in a Shoei. I know they all vary to some degree or another so I replaced it with an XL. It's still tight. Better but it'll still bug me.

I looked in my Shoei and it says L 59-60cm. Tried it on again and it's tight but comfortable. The 661 says XL 60-62cm and it's still tight and not so comfortable.

I need to find someone that carries a nice selection to try a few on. I won't mind spending a little more locally as long as I'll be able to get one that I like without returning it a half a dozen times. Plus, the Flight II is a full DOT-approved helmet which is probably a little overkill for MTBing. It was pretty big and heavy and something lighter would be a bonus.

I haven't been to a lot of the shops in town but I have to say I was impressed with the selection at All Mountain Cyclery at Bootleg Canyon. I'm hoping there's a shop here with a similar selection.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Rage usually has a good selection in stock, maybe give them a call to see if they what you're looking for. Cactus is also good, can't remember what brands they stock though..

·
Get Some!
107 Posts
i just bought the same helmet. in xl... im really hoping it fits well on my noggin. otherwise im in the same boat as you. ive been to several little bike shops in the area and havent found anything good. i know that KORE bikes in northern tempe/scottsdale carries DH helmets, they didnt have anything i liked though, maybe you will have more luck there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.