Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently got set up with a guy who is goi g to build a custom frame for mrle. I ride fixed freestyle, and have snapped quite a few frames over the last year or so. My question to you is what steel tubing is right for me?
I will be doing 10+ stair sets and slot of grinding. This had to with stand allot of abuse. I plan on gusseting the down and top tube. Ad well as the bottom bracket.

Please help me out!
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,692 Posts
For 'fixed freestyle' you should use black pipe from the hardware store. That will be a completely absurd material to match the absurly stupid thing you plan on doing with your bike. 100% lame. OMFG!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks *******. Don't post unless you're actually gonna aid. At the end of the day we all ride bikes. It's ****s like you that make **** difficult. Get your head out of your ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,692 Posts
charles schoen said:
Thanks *******. Don't post unless you're actually gonna aid. At the end of the day we all ride bikes. It's ****s like you that make **** difficult. Get your head out of your ass.

Try getting a freewheel and stepping it up like a man! Retarded fixie stuff is so lame it's embarassing us folks that take riding seriously. I hate you. I hate what you represent. Stop ruining my sport. Stop making cyclist look like such loosers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,224 Posts
If the guy making the bike doesn't know what tubing to use, what hope do you think you have doing a random poll on teh intarweb?
 

·
Eric the Red
Joined
·
438 Posts
Thylacine said:
If the guy making the bike doesn't know what tubing to use, what hope do you think you have doing a random poll on teh intarweb?
I'd have to agree, your builder should know what materials will be appropriate. If not, find another builder. There are a few builders out there who specialize in the fixie thing, a quick Google search will probably dig them up. Geekhouse is the only one who comes to mind right now. Of course, I have to admit they do some cool stuff. (Not all hipster fixie either)
 

·
Gabe.....
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
pvd said:
Try getting a freewheel and stepping it up like a man! Retarded fixie stuff is so lame it's embarassing us folks that take riding seriously. I hate you. I hate what you represent. Stop ruining my sport. Stop making cyclist look like such loosers.
Harsh..........classic PVD (it's been a while). :p Time for a good ole mountain fixie night ride! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hes a local a local dude who usually does road frames, etc. I'm paying like less than 100 in labor cause he's a buddy. It's not going to be a "fixie" it'll be burly as hell, looking more like a dj. Jet with some steeper geo. It'll have a fixed drove train. Geek house makes **** for like $3000 dollars. And that shot wouldn't take the abuse I give my bikes I'm the least.
 

·
Stokeless Asshat
Joined
·
3,360 Posts
If this isn't a troll.......

charles schoen said:
Hes a local a local dude who usually does road frames, etc. I'm paying like less than 100 in labor cause he's a buddy. It's not going to be a "fixie" it'll be burly as hell, looking more like a dj. Jet with some steeper geo. It'll have a fixed drove train. Geek house makes **** for like $3000 dollars. And that shot wouldn't take the abuse I give my bikes I'm the least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
charles schoen said:
Hes a local a local dude who usually does road frames, etc. I'm paying like less than 100 in labor cause he's a buddy.
Yes, a troll for sure.......

But I would say, anyone you only pay 100 dollars too for that kind of work isn't your friend. He must be your enemy if you find him that useless and disrespect him that much.

I am with PVD and Thylacine and Jeff on this one. Please go away.....and visit your friend who has the ugly disk mount on the next thread. You are made for each other.
 

·
Most Delicious
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
For this application I'd recommend <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmiMFvTRzgI'>PE98 Hardened Black Steel</a>.
 

·
Flatulence Ventriloquist
Joined
·
67 Posts
pvd said:
Try getting a freewheel and stepping it up like a man! Retarded fixie stuff is so lame it's embarassing us folks that take riding seriously. I hate you. I hate what you represent. Stop ruining my sport. Stop making cyclist look like such loosers.

Whatever, you know you ride with cards in your spokes. Your secret is out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
pvd said:
For 'fixed freestyle' you should use black pipe from the hardware store. That will be a completely absurd material to match the absurly stupid thing you plan on doing with your bike. 100% lame. OMFG!
Cant you just help the guy with his question regardless of what you think of his style or riding. FFS man! If you dont care for it then just dont bother posting. All your doing is suppressing someone's idea's and/or intentions. Knock it off!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Too bad Pete doesn't realize that saying "OMFG" is pretty lame/hipsterish in and of itself.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top