1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
I really like the tripod design and adjustable spin-clamp of the Feedback.

Here's a link to a review I wrote of the Ultimate Elite, with come comparisons to the Feedback model you're looking at. All in all, a very capable stand that will do whatever you ask it to.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=202942

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedub.Nate said:
I really like the tripod design and adjustable spin-clamp of the Feedback.

Here's a link to a review I wrote of the Ultimate Elite, with come comparisons to the Feedback model you're looking at. All in all, a very capable stand that will do whatever you ask it to.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=202942
Nice report.

I like the look of the feedback sport over the park tool designs. But it only comes with a one year warranty, which makes me wonder about its durability.

All the other feedback models come with three years.

If I want to get the ultimate head model I will have to pay another £100.

I want something that is good value for my money. And at £135 the feedback sport model looks good. All I am going to be doing is home repairs and cleaning.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Home use and camping is all I've ever used mine for. I dealt a little with Ultimate Support and the product quality was there, as was the customer support, though I never managed to break any of their stuff.

But almost as soon as Feedback took over, the nylon locking collar on my Ultimate handlebar holder broke, and Feedback sent me a new part, no questions asked (actually, they asked me to send them a picture, because they were so new at it they didn't know what part I was talking about).

Feedback is funny because they took a company with a really strong online- and grass-roots based fan base and basically let much of that goodwill peter out (my impression, anyway). The products seem as good as they ever were, so based on that and my very limited interaction with them, I wouldn't be to concerned about buying their workstand.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speedub.Nate said:
Home use and camping is all I've ever used mine for. I dealt a little with Ultimate Support and the product quality was there, as was the customer support, though I never managed to break any of their stuff.

But almost as soon as Feedback took over, the nylon locking collar on my Ultimate handlebar holder broke, and Feedback sent me a new part, no questions asked (actually, they asked me to send them a picture, because they were so new at it they didn't know what part I was talking about).

Feedback is funny because they took a company with a really strong online- and grass-roots based fan base and basically let much of that goodwill peter out (my impression, anyway). The products seem as good as they ever were, so based on that and my very limited interaction with them, I wouldn't be to concerned about buying their workstand.
Thanks I think I will go with the feedback then.

·
You wanna go ridin?
297 Posts
Feedback all the way. Just simply basing your decision off of the tripod design vs the 2 leg crap I'd go Feedback. However I've owned both and feedback and one of those Parks and I would go Feedback all the way and twice on Sunday.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have dealt with CSR reps as well as the owner and Feedback is an exceptionally solid company completely invested in after sale service. I believe the Ultimate Elite clamp model is well worth the purchase price. It is one of the single best purchases I've made for servicing the horses and makes cleaning the bike a dream. Doug Hudson started Feedback with the Alpine scale in 04 and then Ultimate 'fell in love' with his scale. When the 70a old owner of Ultimate retired, a natural buyer for Ultimate's bike division was Feedback. If you need support at their office, speak with their CSR, Sammy and tell him Andrew says hello. On the other hand, Doug will make time to chat or personally solve your concerns with old or new product. They're very flexible and are great to deal with. I dealt with Aspire Velotique?? when I bought my stand and was very impressed with their service to say the least.

Thanks Sammy! Thanks Doug! Keep up the great work guys!

A.

·
Registered
832 Posts
sorry for brining this back up...but I have a question. I have an old Park PCS-1 that I got off craigslist cheap and I like it much better because of the clamp (one that is like the shop clamp not one you have to screw in to tighten).

I too like the tripod base, so I wonder if the legs could be taken off the PCS-1 and then if I could just get the feedback sports tripod part if I could marry them together somehow??

·
You wanna go ridin?
297 Posts
jbsmith said:
sorry for brining this back up...but I have a question. I have an old Park PCS-1 that I got off craigslist cheap and I like it much better because of the clamp (one that is like the shop clamp not one you have to screw in to tighten).

I too like the tripod base, so I wonder if the legs could be taken off the PCS-1 and then if I could just get the feedback sports tripod part if I could marry them together somehow??
Interesting idea. Don't know the specs of the pertinant parts but initially I get the feeling to do it properly it would cost nearly as much as buying a higher end Park stand with the tripod.

I have an ultimate/feedback tripod and if you need measurements of anything let me know.

To the OP the stand looks nice.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Might want to do a little digging on that one.

Ultimate was selling their Pro Elite workstand head to retrofit onto existing Park shop stands. I believe the difference in diameter between various workstands came up in some of the resulting discussions on these MTBR forums. You may find your answer there.

If not, almost certainly the folks at Feedback would know.

·
Registered
832 Posts
moishlashen said:
I have an ultimate/feedback tripod and if you need measurements of anything let me know.
Whenever you can shoot me the diameter of the tube that goes into the tripod. I have a feeling they will be very close. Another thought I had is to use a tripod from the photography/music world - ones that hold the lights/speakers (but then yeah big money) - unless I can find another $35 craigslist special!!

·
You wanna go ridin?
297 Posts
jbsmith said:
Whenever you can shoot me the diameter of the tube that goes into the tripod. I have a feeling they will be very close. Another thought I had is to use a tripod from the photography/music world - ones that hold the lights/speakers (but then yeah big money) - unless I can find another $35 craigslist special!!
Book it. Will get it out to you tonight after work.

·
Registered
213 Posts
crux said:
Would still vote for the Ultimate / Feedback sports stand after usage since the early to mid 90's.

To bad their lifetime warranty is no longer supported and they lost the mold for the truing stand I have/had. Oh well guess its time to fabricate another modification keeping it functional.
They're exceptionally flexible on warranty claims in my experience but if they don't have a mold or something is out of production then I guess you could be out of luck. Did you ask them if there's anything that can be done? Did you contact the owner to see if anything further is possible??

It looks good either way.

A.

·
You wanna go ridin?
297 Posts
jbsmith said:
So I measure 38mm/1.5". This is the upper tube that slides into the tripod.

heres pic of stand:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.