Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
No. Sometime ago I spoke w/ Risse Racing about spring rate calibration and they said the had a tester to measure actual spring rate. Unless you have a fancy Ti coil probably better to start from scratch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
At best and I mean at best you can find your sag percentage on the spring than cross check with with calculators and the frame to figure out what weight it potentially is.

But even than its a bit hit and miss. The important thing is you get the right spring for your weight so if you don't know the current weight than just use a few online calculators and manufacturer recommendations for your weight and get what they suggest.

The other option which will be 100% is to find somewhere who can test the spring but it really doesn't matter what the spring rate is just that you get the right sag. if not find the recommended rate and get that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I think I can, with a magnifying glass, make out the numbers. I'm going to try the online calculators and see if the match up with what I think the numbers say. I thought it was a 350 but by magnifying glass its maybe a 400(or a 450).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.