Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
A couple

REM-End of the World
Pink Floyd-Time

A few others, but I have a mental block.

o O ( must have something to do with that da$%@ed pot smoking thread...)

·
Registered
123 Posts
soundtrack

If I'm climbing it's gotta be something like Public Enemy, Sonic Youth, or even Johnny Cash.

If I'm going down the agresssion goes up a notch and i switch to something like Slayer or Skinny Puppy.

·
Premium Member
7,605 Posts
The only soundtrack I hear is the one my heart makes at 185bpm and my lungs screaming to exit my chest. That and singing "up, up, up we go, down, down, down so low . . . " in order to keep my 23 month old son from breaking down in tears because the climbs go so slowly.

·
2,548 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
No need for extra sounds, the sound of the bike on the trail is the music I crave...
...the op didn't mention mp3/etc players, just what might "run through your head" whist riding...I don't have a mp3 player, but I "hear" plenty o' stuff when riding or doing pretty muchanything, actually......my mind never sleeps ;)

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Fuelish said:
...the op didn't mention mp3/etc players, just what might "run through your head" whist riding...I don't have a mp3 player, but I "hear" plenty o' stuff when riding or doing pretty muchanything, actually......my mind never sleeps ;)
My brain either reproduces tunes or not...when I ride it's not, I listen to what I'm doing, no additional sounds are being thought about or imagined or whatever. I think about many things while I ride, but I don't have some tune humming away internally. He did mention "if any" after all...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
For me, its NEVER any song I like, it's usually something singsongy and repetitive/annoying, like "My Humps". Last ride, it was that damn Kelly Clarkson song.

If I concentrate on the White Stripes' "Black Math" I can usually drown it out.

G

·
usualy a stupid/repetitive/annoying song. I was stuck with an old TV sho (Oscal & Felix) for th longest time.....But that kind of puts me on a good flow to ride :cool: .

·
No known cure
5,600 Posts
Today ride...

OC Rider said:
What bands' song/songs go through your head when you ride (if any)? My top 3 are:

1. Bad Religion
2. Pennywise
3. Metallica

Rob
I had Clutch's "Rock n Roll Outlaw" in my head for three hours.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
suum quique (to each his own)

Bikinfoolferlife said:
No need for extra sounds, the sound of the bike on the trail is the music I crave...
Suum Quique is the title of one of my 400+ mix tapes. I've been riding solo a lot lately and tried out my new lightweight mp3 player. A bit distracting but also quite soothing. The latest playlist includes;

Ambulance Ltd.
An Emotional Fish
Bauhaus
Bow Wow Wow
Delgados
Divinyls
ELO
Galaxie 500
Happy Mondays
Inspiral Carpets
Joy Division
Mazzy Star
Mercury Rev
Mogwai
Mono
Nick Cave
Pink Floyd
Pogues
Primal Scream
Public Image Ltd.
Jane's Addiction
SIANspheric
Sixteen Horsepower
Slim Cessna's Auto Club
Spiritualized
The Stone Roses
The The
The Wedding Present
Veruca Salt
Yaz

It holds 2 gigs of flash memory so I can go on long rides and have plenty of tunes.

·
Registered
735 Posts
When I bring my mp3 player.....Metallica, AC/DC, Rage Against the Machine, 50 Cent, Snoop, Led Zepplin and Deftones.

When I am in a hurry and forget my mp3 player it's the same as above except the theme song from SpongeBobSquarePants seems to drown it all out. Maybe it's because my 6 month old boy watches it....actually I watch it but that was my excuse.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.