Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what size ti coil spring I should be looking for for my Gen 1 Nomad (Med) which is currently running the stock DHX 5.0 coil, the spring on it says 450 x 2.8, I seem to recall Fox doing something a little weird with the numbering and that I should actually be looking for a 2.75 spring - and also I am pretty sure I actually need the 400 x 2.75 (the 450 came on it stock and I never asked any questions, and I am only 5' 10" and 165 lbs without gear).

Oh and if anyone is selling one of course PM me and let's talk.

thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
jrInMarin said:
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what size ti coil spring I should be looking for for my Gen 1 Nomad (Med) which is currently running the stock DHX 5.0 coil, the spring on it says 450 x 2.8, I seem to recall Fox doing something a little weird with the numbering and that I should actually be looking for a 2.75 spring - and also I am pretty sure I actually need the 400 x 2.75 (the 450 came on it stock and I never asked any questions, and I am only 5' 10" and 165 lbs without gear).

Oh and if anyone is selling one of course PM me and let's talk.

thanks,
Jerry
I have a RCS 500 x 2.75" spring for my Nomad 1 w/ a DHX5. I think there are some people running Ebay Manitou Ti springs for about $100, and they have reported some success with the spring.

Do some research and see if it fits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.