Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow bikers

Im new here, and would like some advice on the Kona Stinky please.

I shall be getting a Kona Stinky 08 Soon. My main concern is - What frame size would be suitable for me?
I'm around 6ft tall give or take an inch or something, and weight about 13-14 stone. So far i am thinking the 16" frame? I'll be doing mainly some XC on it for a little while, but also freeride/downhill type stuff more often.

Thanks, Jez

·
Do it all or nothing
736 Posts
I think your getting the wrong bike... if your doing XC get a coilair... the stinky is a pure DH/fr bike. I have no idea what size you need for either but I would asume bigger than 16 and 17... I am 5.10 and I ride a 17.5. Go to you lbs and have them size you up. Enjoy your new ride either way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ye, thanks mate ok, i would go to my lbs but they dont do kona's which is annoying. You are right in saying a differant bike would be better suited to XC, but ive been doing XC on my hardtail jump frame so im kinda used to it lol, but i mainy freeride so its ok:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have a 2007 stinky large, i'm 5'11'' and 215lb(don't know what that is in stone). it fits me perfect, i went from a med dj frame to the stinky and i love it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks murphdog55. If i cant get a testride anywhere, then ill just go for the Large, im pretty sure it will suit my riding style from what ive heard., thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm 6'4 and ride the 16.5 (xl) stinky, It may feel a little cramped at first if you aren't used to that kind of bike, it can't hurt to go a frame size larger.
Stinky's are too heavy for XC, unless you were to swap out a lot of parts.
You can do it but you'll really have to pust it to get it going on flat ground and climbing is out of the question. Point it downhill and you'll love it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, Got myself a 16.5 frame, seems pretty much a perfect a, although ive not ridden it yet because im waiting a reply about my front derailuer!:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Biker_jez said:
Thanks guys, Got myself a 16.5 frame, seems pretty much a perfect a, although ive not ridden it yet because im waiting a reply about my front derailuer!:)
Post some pics when you get her built up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have some pics, for some reason when i try and open the "Post your Stinkys" link on this forum it just takes me to a blank page, nothing loads..ill make a new post

1 - 11 of 11 Posts