Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know which spoke wrench I need for WTB dual duty rims? (red or green) I wanted to pick one up after work tonight, and know the Park 'black' one is too small for the brass nipples on the WTB rims.

BL

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
the size of the spoke nipples

determine which wrench to use and not the type of rims... get all 3 spoke nipple wrenches as there really is no standard when it comes to what wheels are built with which nipples...

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
Take your wheel to the LBS ...

BikeLust said:
Anyone know which spoke wrench I need for WTB dual duty rims? (red or green) I wanted to pick one up after work tonight, and know the Park 'black' one is too small for the brass nipples on the WTB rims.

BL
Have them check the size of your nipples with their quality level spoke wrenches (Park, Pedros). Do NOT use on of those round things with every size on it. Do NOT use one of those cheapos you buy at the department store.

A larger size will turn a smaller nipple. But you will round them off. Use the smallest size that will fit.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
willtsmith_nwi said:
Have them check the size of your nipples with their quality level spoke wrenches (Park, Pedros). Do NOT use on of those round things with every size on it. Do NOT use one of those cheapos you buy at the department store.

A larger size will turn a smaller nipple. But you will round them off. Use the smallest size that will fit.
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping someone who has these wheels would be able to tell me the nipple size. I guess I'll just pick up the green one, and if it's too small pick up a red one as well. I only use Park wrenches, although I picked up a pedros the other day with the 3.5 side engagement for alloy nipples. Anyone else notice this thing is really hard to pull off the nipple when using the diamond shaped side?

BL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.