Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I like air!
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to order an Iron Horse SGS DH Team and I was wondering what size to get. I use a large for my XC frame but I heard that SGS large (21") is huge. I’m 6'2"+, 36” inseam. This is the last annoying question before I order the thing. Thanks for the help!

·
wheeeee!!!
360 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I ride a large 03. It's definetly big. About an inch longer in the top tube than my buddies 04 19". I think I coulda gone either way. When I'm riding at speed, I don't notice the bike's size, but in low speed situations I think something a bit smaller would be good. Standover isn't really an issue though. Most of the time I think I'm fine with the large. I guess it depends on how you intend to ride it. I think Ska Todd on the IH board would probably say the same thing.

btw, either way, it's a great bike, from a company that goes outta there way to provide service.

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
milhouse said:
How many pieces are the bikes in when they are delivered?
It depends on how bad UPS roughs it up LOL

In all seriousness, the DH models come in 2 boxes. 1 w/ wheels, 1 w/ the bike. This keeps the boxes within UPS's shipping requirements.

dhchick - what shop do you work for?

-ska todd

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I work for Sportchek here in Canada (Yes I know most people look down on us and don't think we know our bikes) but If you get the right store and the right people we actually know our stuff. And we are really excited to be carrying the SGS models at least at my store we are, they're sweet bikes.

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
dhchick said:
Well I work for Sportchek here in Canada (Yes I know most people look down on us and don't think we know our bikes) but If you get the right store and the right people we actually know our stuff. And we are really excited to be carrying the SGS models at least at my store we are, they're sweet bikes.
Sweet! Nice to meet you! Anytime you guys need promo materials, have product questions, etc drop me a line and we'll take care of ya!

-ska todd

·
Registered
4 Posts
ska todd said:
Sweet! Nice to meet you! Anytime you guys need promo materials, have product questions, etc drop me a line and we'll take care of ya!

-ska todd
I'm also considering a new DH'er :D The SGS looks like a super-smokin deal compared to what I've tried to piece together as of late. Tell me this... I'm 6'2" 210 with a 34" inseam. Could I get by with a medium, or should I stay safe and order the large.

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey Ska Todd, im looking to buy an Iron Horse SGS DH Pro. Im 5'11" and around 220lbs. Should i go with a small or a medium? Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
its easy...

if ur a tanky and well built guy (be modest here)...then the 19"...if your not and ur a smaller guy (without massive upper body strength...like most ppl)...then the 17"...

thats all...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.