Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just bought a 2011 Giant Reign 1 and I would like to add a Reverb seat post to it. I have not received the bike yet (it ships out today) so I do not know what size Reverb Seat post I need. Can someone help me figure out what size I need for my new Reign 1, I see a LOT of different choices on these seat posts and have no idea which one will work with my bike? Do I need to wait until i get my bike to measure it or does someone here know what I may need?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Big Mac
4,989 Posts
100mm/125mm = total drop. The other numbers are the length of the post. You choose the drop based on need. The length is dependent on bike size, etc... and you will want the one that gives you proper insertion into the seat tube while giving your legs the proper extension.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
100mm/125mm = total drop. The other numbers are the length of the post. You choose the drop based on need. The length is dependent on bike size, etc... and you will want the one that gives you proper insertion into the seat tube while giving your legs the proper extension.
Ok Gotcha. So i'll need to get my bike first and measure the proper extension to determine which is the best fit for me. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Also has to do with rider height, which obviously goes right along with bike size for the most part.
The shorter the rider the less likely a longer drop length, such as 150mm is going to work for either rider or bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.