Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the search came up with nothing. Tried calling S/C got voice mail. Tried the S/C web site. I am thinking about getting 2009 Nomad. But Only if I can put a Manitou Evolver ISX-6 Intrinsic on it. What size is the rear shock thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
WARNING!!!!!!!!!

The Evolver ISX-6 feels like POO on the new VP2 suspension. I had one on my Blue LT2 for a couple rides, it is also 8.5x2.5 with the same hardware. It was way too harsh. The new VP2 does not need the firm midstroke that the old Nomad needed. ( I owned the old Nomad also).

You have been warned!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I run an Evolver Intrinsic ISX on my Tracer and couldn't be happier, very plush and very controlled. The shock does take longer than most to break in and set up, took me close to three weeks of riding to be perfectly happy with it, two rides wasn't enough time for me. I also run the twin chamber model which I think goes through its travel better, so that could play a part. If you have patience and enjoy setting up suspension, I'd say get it. There are easier shocks to set up but, not better ones IMO. Peace.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats what I am looking for. The Fox RP-23 is way to plush. I have one one my 2009 Tracer Vpp. Spoke to the guys at Fox the 2009 DHX 5.0 Air is even more plush than the RP-23. And yes it is the HV thing plus its just a very plush shock AKA the way it was made to perform. So I am going to get two Manitou Evolver ISX-6 one for the Tracer Vpp and one for my next bike which its looking like a 2009 Nomad. Was thinking about a new 2009 Uzzi but wt,travel,and other stuff. Looks like the 2009 Nomad is the way I will be going.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The evolver went through the travel the same as the RP23, just at a different pressure. The stroke is too firm and harsh when coupled with the VPP2 suspension on the Blur LT2.

I also had the dual chamber model. The evolver worked great on the older nomad.

I like plush and soaking up hits, you may not. Your choice.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My Tracer is very plush with the Evolver. My only idea is that the Tracer in 150 mode goes through it's travel very differently than the BLT2 in 140, the two settings on my bike definitely yield different ride characteristics.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to run a air shock in the rear. If I was going to run a coil. I would run a CCDB.I like the adjustably of a rear air shock.Plus I want a rear air shock with allot of settings. I am not big on a coil for the rear shock but they say CCDB is the way to go for a coil for the rear lots of settings a great do it all shock.It would be nice if Fox and Rock Shox made some better air AM.FR,DH shocks with more settings and a firmer Travel. I can say this my Tracer Vpp with the Fox RP-23 on it. Does the bike hook up yes very plush yes. But going though almost all the travel when on flat stuff nothing crazy-jumps and drop offs now thats a problem for me. But thanks to all the guys on the forum.I know what I need to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.