Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a stupid one I know........but I'm trying to find out what size the bolt is on the Azonic Headlocks. I had a long that was cut down to fit with some spacers & my shiver on my M1 (which has a long headtube anways). I ended up cutting the steer tube down some so the spacers wern't sitting so high and when I tried to tighten it back down I ran out of threads. I went to my P1 which I have the regular headlock on, swapped the bolt over and it fit perfectly. I suspose I could figure out what size thread is on the long and run a die through it with the correct pitch but that seems like alot of work when I could find another bolt that's the same size, just shorter.

I've already sent an email off to Azonic to see if they just sell the bolt. Who knows. I definately don't want to spend another $25-30 on another headlock for the bolt. If anyone has a short bolt then wanted to trade for a long one I could do that

Any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just basicly a long metric bolt of some sort correct? I know that the diameter is much larger than the standard hex headed top cap/bolt. If I was to just get a longer metric bolt that would probably be fine? I dunno the chances of me finding a 7 1/2" (or 7") long bolt like that but I can try OSH I guess, and if not our speciality nut and tool store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.