Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm strongly considering an Anthem X2 but I'm not sure what size to get. I currently ride an '04 Stumpjumper Comp Disc Hardtail in a 17 in. I am 5'9" with an inseam of 30-31 in. I like the fit of my current bike. I took a short test ride near the bike shop on an 18 in. Anthem. It felt a little bigger but I felt comfortable on it. I don't know how that will transfer to the trails. I don't think I will get the opportunity to test ride the bike off-road. Any thoughts about what size I would be happiest with?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Medium without question...

goatdance said:
I'm strongly considering an Anthem X2 but I'm not sure what size to get. I currently ride an '04 Stumpjumper Comp Disc Hardtail in a 17 in. I am 5'9" with an inseam of 30-31 in. I like the fit of my current bike. I took a short test ride near the bike shop on an 18 in. Anthem. It felt a little bigger but I felt comfortable on it. I don't know how that will transfer to the trails. I don't think I will get the opportunity to test ride the bike off-road. Any thoughts about what size I would be happiest with?
I went through this myself a couple of months back. I picked up a medium frameset and built it up. Although I am just under 6 0' with a 33 inseam. I rode it three times before deciding it was too tight. But for your measurements, it's perfect. It should fit you like a glove I would think. Maybe a slightly longer stem length based on your height.

And not to spam this thread, but PM me if your interested in a medium X2 frameset.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
goatdance said:
Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards the 18 in. but wanted some confirmation from someone who has had some actual experience on the bike.
Umm, did you miss something? I have one now. I bought a medium and it was too small after riding it a few times. However, your measurements are smaller than mine which would make it a good ride for you. I am now riding a large. If you do a search, there are many other threads on this topic too. You are definitely a medium though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.