Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 7 point but I'm not sure if I should get the 15" or 17" size. I'm 5' 7" which, according to the IH website sizing guide is right on the dividing line between the 15" and 17". I'm an long time bmxer who's been jumping a Giant STP fro about a year and have almost no experience with freeriding/DH but I'm psyched to try. I test rode a 17" and it felt as if it liked to nose dive when jumping but it could be I just wasn't used to it. I'm leaning toward the 15" but could use some advice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting it as trade up from a defective bike a bought so the money's already been spent but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you say that? Is that 1" really that noticeable? Does drastically change the way it handles? What size is your 7point/height? I guess I'm looking for the pros and cons of each size. :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
i am between 5'8-5'9 and the 17 inch fits fine. kinda would like it to be a bit smaller. basically, being at the cusp between the small and medium range sucks. if i were 5'7 i would have definitely gone for the 15''. hell, i probably should have anyway. dammit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.