Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

im looking to buy a 5.5 and im not sure which size to go for.

i am 6" but seem to have quite long legs! i have a mountain cycle rumble which has a 19' seat tube and i run that with the seat post extended quite far but it works ok.

i see that the 5.5 also has a 19' seat tube and think it may be ok, is there a minimum seat post insert on these frames??

any thoughts or info would be most appreciated, cheers.

ps - is the 5.5 better than the 6.6 all round?

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,883 Posts
matt007 said:
hi all,

im looking to buy a 5.5 and im not sure which size to go for.

i am 6" but seem to have quite long legs! i have a mountain cycle rumble which has a 19' seat tube and i run that with the seat post extended quite far but it works ok.

i see that the 5.5 also has a 19' seat tube and think it may be ok, is there a minimum seat post insert on these frames??

any thoughts or info would be most appreciated, cheers.

ps - is the 5.5 better than the 6.6 all round?
Did you say you are 6" inches tall? Wow that may be a custom order through Intense. You may check e-bay for any G.I. Joe left overs.;)

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
DIRTJUNKIE said:
Did you say you are 6" inches tall? Wow that may be a custom order through Intense. You may check e-bay for any G.I. Joe left overs.;)
And he has a 19-foot seat tube.

Matt, if you scroll down this page a bit, you'll find that very questioned answered in great detail here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=259423

Spend a couple minutes reading the various posts in the last few days, and your questions will be answered (you'll also note that there is no easy answer).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.