Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for all interested... I ride a Hardrock Pro Disc and I weigh 190-200lbs. I am 5'4".

Now, I ride a lot of 4X, DJ, DH, and northshore.... urban... lot of the jump, pedal, and whatnot...

Anyways, my dad talked to me and said to compile a christmas list. He gave me no price range. He said to put the item, website it's from, and the size I need. It's to throw a bit of surprise in there. That being said, I have a DJ3 and RF Evolve DH ISIS crankset with a FR BB.

I need a new cassette. I need a new chainring. I need a bashguard. I need a new chain. I want a new derailleur. I want new pedals.

Need... strong word but the cassette, chain, and ring are definites. I would like to run a 38t middle ring as a single up front. Should I spend the money and get a chainguide?

Any help appreciated. Oh, and I'm 13 years old..... I rambled a lot in there.

EDIT: I also need a set of tires... mounted on Ditchwitch rims. Not a lot of mud riding. Just some loosepack, hardpack, and a lot of pavement.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tioga DH Tires - Front 26 X 2.3
Tioga DH Tires - Rear 26 X 2.3
Planet X Headlock in gold
Shimano LX M580 Cassette 9 Speed in 11X32 size
Shimano XTR/Dura-Ace 9 Speed Chain CN-7701
Marzocchi Air Fork Pump
Profile Billet Pedals
Delta Axlerodz Skewers

All of the above from pricepoint.com
The below from bikeman.com

RaceFace DH ring 38t 104mmBCD
TV DH BashGuard 38/40t 104bcd
Race Face Diabolus O/S stem. 30mm size.
Answer ProTaper OS handlebars. 2 inch riser

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
standard235 said:
Tioga DH Tires - Front 26 X 2.3
Tioga DH Tires - Rear 26 X 2.3
Planet X Headlock in gold
Shimano LX M580 Cassette 9 Speed in 11X32 size
Shimano XTR/Dura-Ace 9 Speed Chain CN-7701
Marzocchi Air Fork Pump
Profile Billet Pedals
Delta Axlerodz Skewers

All of the above from pricepoint.com
The below from bikeman.com

RaceFace DH ring 38t 104mmBCD
TV DH BashGuard 38/40t 104bcd
Race Face Diabolus O/S stem. 30mm size.
Answer ProTaper OS handlebars. 2 inch riser
Dura ace?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Standard235, let me compliment you as probably having the best grammar of anybody under the age of 15 on these boards. :p

As far as parts go, check out cambriabike.com as well as jensonusa.com as they are having a lot of end of season blowouts and you should be able to get excellent deals on clearance and OE items from them. :)

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Standard235, let me compliment you as probably having the best grammar of anybody under the age of 15 on these boards. :p

As far as parts go, check out cambriabike.com as well as jensonusa.com as they are having a lot of end of season blowouts and you should be able to get excellent deals on clearance and OE items from them. :)
hehe, i am 15! pricepoint has pricematch.

don't go for dura ace. just get some 9 spd chain, anything will work really. i am running about 4 diff chains at once and some master link from some blingy-silver (like frickin' bright!) chain.

get the fork pump.

get some pads if you don't have them already.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a full face and troy lee designs pants from TLD.

That chain is a MTB chain. It's the CN7701. The XT is the XT/Ultegra so who knows.

My dad didn't much like the P Series idea.

Oh, and I only use good grammar for one reason. It isn't that hard and I messed up a school assignment with AIM speak. Then I started this and papers as clean as ever.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
You definitely don't need the XTR chain in my opinion. Just ask for the cheapest 9sp(Sram). This frees up more funds for whatever. Like a chainguide, which would more than likely come with the bashguard you need.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Umm, dunno if you're trying to be funny but **** off Larry.

Evil, thanks for the links. I love the Nemisis frame.

It's just that my parents don't have the money for that. I saw an '05 Azonic Steelhead frame on closeout for $179. I asked my dad and he said if I really want it, I can also use my profile BMX cranks,. My Standard 125R is a euro bottom bracket. It should work. Oh, and I would need a Gusset conversion kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts