Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
If you have to have a 29'r GT is making a reasonable 9'r for not a lot of cash (SS or gears). Better than the Raleigh IMO. The Redline is fine as well. If it were me I'd go steel over aluminum if my only bike is a hardtail. Trek (Fisher, et all) are making a couple of decent 9'r frames. SE racing is making a 9'r worth a look...not a highlight-reel bike, but cheap-ish.

Have fun shopping.

Brock...

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
Clydsdaleretread said:
Thanks. I'll check out the SE and GT. Love bikeshops, hate bike shop experience. Why do I end up feeling like i went into some uber-groovy vinyl record shop and asked for the latest Jonas Brother's CD?
True damn story. I worked at one for a while and still help out at my buddy's when it's I'm bored/they need help, but man I feel you. I live in a bike heavy area and still all but a couple shops bug the hell out of me.

Brock...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just in Sprots Authority and I think I finally decided to order the Thruster 29er on line. It's only 319.99 no tax no shipping and for the riding I'm likely to be doing at least for a while, it will be fine. Would really like to find someone with one that I could ride first, but really, what's it matter? Where I live (Tampa Bay), most everyone is a roadie. Big wheel dirt guys don't even show up on the radar. I was a roadie for a short while in highschool, before punk, skate boarding and realizing that matching my spandex to my bike made me look like a jackass. Road bikes are really cool, though... I like my fun to be a little less serious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.