Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 stinky and was wondering if I can get a 5th element with the dangerboy plates. the 5th element doesn't work on the 03 stock though so... and if i can't get the fifth element what other shocks would be good?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would a swinger work on a stinky with dangerboy plates? i have been looking at swingers and 5th elements cause i have heard bad things about the fox rc. i am getting a new shock because the dangerboy people recommended that i get a shock with compression adjustment. thanks for all the advice in advance.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
matt said:
Would a swinger work on a stinky with dangerboy plates? i have been looking at swingers and 5th elements cause i have heard bad things about the fox rc. i am getting a new shock because the dangerboy people recommended that i get a shock with compression adjustment. thanks for all the advice in advance.
both those shocks will fit if they are the right sizes, on the regular plates, and the dangerboys. i myself am thinking about getting some DB plates sometime soon. when you get the tell me how you like them. if i had to choose between the 2 i would take the 5E.

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
Your gonna spend 500$ on a 5th element, I'd seriously consider spending an extra 50$ for an Avalanche DHS. The shock will be valved to your weight, bike, and riding style. You wont hurt this shock, the only time you'll ever have to deal with customer service is once a year when you send it in the be serviced. When you send it in he'll replace the seals, bushings, ect, basically you'll get a brand new shock every year. I wouldnt waste the time with a 5th element if you have the option to spend 50 clams more for an indestructable shock. Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, they pedal sick as well.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Banshee Rider said:
Your gonna spend 500$ on a 5th element, I'd seriously consider spending an extra 50$ for an Avalanche DHS. The shock will be valved to your weight, bike, and riding style. You wont hurt this shock, the only time you'll ever have to deal with customer service is once a year when you send it in the be serviced. When you send it in he'll replace the seals, bushings, ect, basically you'll get a brand new shock every year. I wouldnt waste the time with a 5th element if you have the option to spend 50 clams more for an indestructable shock. Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, they pedal sick as well.
which dhs would i be going with? it's an 03 stinky. would it work without new linkage plates or would it still need the dangerboys? thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts