Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I got a 07 specialized rockhopper disk(hardtail) and what I got on it now is shimano disk brakes and all smimano components(all stock). Now the the shifters are built into the brake levers so they are not guna work with the juicy sevens. So what kind of shifters should I get that will work well with them. I have seen some shifters from sram that seems like they would fit but I dont know if they would be positioned well and dont know if the sram shifters would work well with all the shimano parts. So can you guys help me out quick b4 the sale on the juicy sevens end! and if you got pics of your juicy seven set up please share! thanks guys and gals!

· Freshly Fujified
8,196 Posts
Shifter choices

Given what the bike originally came with, try Shimano Alivio or Deore shifters. If you go with SRAM, it would need to be the one of the Attack models, as this would be their Shimano compatible 9 speed offering.

As for which one will be "positioned" better, my guess is they will all be similar. From my pewrsonal perspective, having the shifters and brake levers separate gives you more flexibility in positioning them to your own liking as opposed to the integrated shifter/levers that the bike came with.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.