Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sag is every one running in the back of there fuel's ex. I am running 20% i was told to go down to 25% or 30%. How much sag in the front.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like it a little more plush, so I set it at 30% in the rear and 25% in the front. Messes up the geometry a bit for climbing, but it's manageable. For longer climbs, I just turn on the ProPedal.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have to run a little higher in the rear than recommended to get between 25-30%. Could be that the gauge is a bit off though. 190 lbs full geared up, running at 205 psi.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I just put a few extra psi. in mine the other day to reduce the sag to about 20-25%, and I don't like it. I'm going back closer to 30% using 165psi for 170lb rider.

·
Registered
110 Posts
David_315 said:
What sag is every one running in the back of there fuel's ex. I am running 20% i was told to go down to 25% or 30%. How much sag in the front.
Running 20% sag RP-23 DRCV rear shock I found that my 9.8 handles better with a firm setting 25-30 % the bike seems to plush and slow but all in preference though and depends on what type of riding you do as well.. For the front shock 25% sag.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should play around with it more i guess. i was running some where around 20% in the back and 25% up front. my front only has 100psi in there i am 230.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I run 25% in the rear - but I have never been able to get full travel out on the Fox forks no matter what SAG I run

1 - 8 of 8 Posts