Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a set of 650b rims to runs tubeless with High Roller II 2.3 TR tires. I've run old Stans Flows, and UST, but haven't had the new TR tires yet so I wanted to make sure to get something that holds the tires extremely well with little to no chance of bead stretch or blowout type problems. I've considered everything from Flow EX, to Chinese carbon but I lack real world experience with the new tires. Something sort of wide, not too heavy, and they accepts regular J bend spokes would be ideal. These will be used on a 5.5" trail bike that will be at times ridden hard on rough terrain. I like to corner pretty hard and I would like the one tire t blowout that I had years ago to be my last!

I see a lot of recommendations for the WTB I23 rims but am a little hesitant because I have had truly terrible luck with their products before. What are people using?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had no issues with WTB i25's and bontrager duster rims with these exact tires as well as numerous Specialized 2bliss ready tires.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Right now running Maxxis HR2 TR EXO on the WTB ST i25 rims and no issues at all. Have also run the TR Maxxis tyres on my Stans Flows with no issues, haven't used the newer Stans rims yet,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts