Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna upgrade my rear shock on my big hit but im pretty new to this and I dont know what im lookin for really, it has a fox vinalla r. I would like to get alittle more traveland perfromace, I just got a 88 fro the front and i would liek to match with a nice rear shock, are the marzocchi rocko any good?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope its a fsr, so its multi point, I ride jsut about everthing, trails, dh, urban, drops...I am about 200lbs. but im plannin on loosin weight to 170ish...also do I have to get the same size shock thats on it now, I mean do I have to get a shock in 70mm [2.75"] 222mm [8.75"] or could I go bigger I would like to get more travel but not a ton. thanx for the help im pretty new to this.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Func413 said:
do I have to get the same size shock thats on it now, I mean do I have to get a shock in 70mm [2.75"] 222mm [8.75"] or could I go bigger I would like to get more travel but not a ton. thanx for the help im pretty new to this.
I would highly advise against changing the shock length as it will alter your geometry in a bad way.

I would look into getting a Fox DHX or Swinger.

If you have an older model Big Hit (like the 02 DH) and the fundage, check out Avalanche Racing. They have the hook-up to a couple different linkage s for older Big Hits that allow you to run a 9.0 x 3.0 shock that will up the travel to 9". Click on the pics to get more info.

Good luck.

Beaudry BigHit Linkage 9" Upgrade kit:

Stapleton BigHit Linkage 9" Upgrade kit:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Yes and no.

Yes, you must use a shock the same size. BETD does make a linkage to increase your travel, if you want.

Check for clearance issues with other BigHit owners. Some of the platform shocks with the external resivoirs are having issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.