Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im out for a ride yesterday, enjoying the weather, when it occasionally wasnt drenching me to the bone and then all off a sudden i hear the dreaded "pssssssssssssssssst" of a burst tube.

now, this was the first time id ridden my bike with a single ply tyre in the rear, and i never had any trouble when i had dual ply dh tyres before (except for the huge weight penalty) and im left wondering which direction i should go to try and alleviate the problem.

ive checked out some freeride tubes which are a little thicker, so i think im gonna give them a try first, but i was wondering what other peoples experiences were, have you tried thicker tubes or did you bite the bullet and fit a dual ply in the rear?

cheers :D

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
da_eddio said:
so im out for a ride yesterday, enjoying the weather, when it occasionally wasnt drenching me to the bone and then all off a sudden i hear the dreaded "pssssssssssssssssst" of a burst tube.

now, this was the first time id ridden my bike with a single ply tyre in the rear, and i never had any trouble when i had dual ply dh tyres before (except for the huge weight penalty) and im left wondering which direction i should go to try and alleviate the problem.

ive checked out some freeride tubes which are a little thicker, so i think im gonna give them a try first, but i was wondering what other peoples experiences were, have you tried thicker tubes or did you bite the bullet and fit a dual ply in the rear?

cheers :D
I think you have it right - I either run:
single-ply w/ DH tubes
dual-ply w/ normal tubes
and now:
UST.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
im 230lbs and use single ply, 2.4 regular weight tubes, and 30psi in the forest, 40 in the rocks. I haven't pinched in about a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.