Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a fairly stock MKiii comp and it came with truvativ blaze ISIS cranks and some crankbros pedals.
I want to upgrade to a platform pedal like the diamondback bigfoot but notice they come in 2 thread sizes 1/2 inch and 9/16th?
So my question is what size do I need?
Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
Yes. 100% sure.

9/16" is used for all bikes with multi-piece cranks. 1/2" is only used for 1-piece cranks found on kids cheapie bikes and WalMart bikes.

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
^^^ double-check your pedal - shoe contact when you have your pedal off the bike. there should be minimal contact between your shoe lugs and the body of the pedal, any more and you'll have trouble clipping in and out. play around with the included shims that come with the pedals, and you'll find out that CB pedals are really quite easy to get into, and the easiest to get out of.

:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks Dante I will work on them, had a bad fall were my foot hit the crank all because I couldn't get out quick enough. oh well, just wish my foot felt better so I could ride this weekend.:sad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.