Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the situation. I recently cleaned out my garage & got rid of some old tires/rims for old Mt. Bikes, however I seemed to get rid of my wifes front wheel to her Mt. Bike in the process. She has quick disconnects(or did).I tried replacing the old tire with a different tire from one of my left overs but when I install it it will not spin at all. The tire I tried to put on it was not quick disconnect. Do I need to have another quick disco to put on her bike? If so what do I need to get to put on my old rim to make it work?

Thanks

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Wait... you are replacing the tire? Or the wheel?

If you are replacing the tire, was the tire you installed too big for her bike?

What kind of bike does your wife have? If it was a walmart brand bike, I wouldn't be surprised if a LBS bike wheel was not compatible.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
can I suggest something?

This is fairly easy stuff to figure out, if we were to see what was going on. Do you have a Local Bike Shop that you can go to? I suggest that you take the bike and wheel to them, and let them help you out. It will cost very little, and you will be startign a relationship with a shop for the future.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Her bike was not a wal-mart bike we picked it up at the LBS. It is a Giant Upland. However she only uses it on roads & even that is rare. I will end up bringing it in to the shop one day I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts