Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ride the dream
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've almost totally destroyed my brake pads, so its time to change them.

However!

I have no idea what the exact brake is - came stock on my RM Etsx-30 (07) - I know its shimano deore, but no idea which model number.
Im told its the 535, but im not sure about that.

The problem comes in that when I check my usual sources of components (wiggle and chainreaction), the pads numbered dont include the 535....
They have pads for 555/556, or for 475/495/515/525 model versions. I dont really wanna remove the current pads until I have the new ones (as theyre not 100% spent) - it seems too much hassle to remove and replace them, at the same time, I dont want to order the wrong ones and potentially be unable to ride till its sorted (right now I can ride the ones I have, but they wont last much longer).

Can anyone help me out with this?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Here you go....

Universal Cycles has them clearly listed. The pads you need are the last two listed, either resin or metalic. http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=677&category=31 That's the only beef I have with Shimano disc brakes. Seems like every model they make uses a different pad. Not really so, but they do have more different pad configurations out than just about anybody else.

Good Dirt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.